The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 5,303.
Sadly another Covid related death was recorded in Orkney on 7th of May 2022.
Deaths in Scotland: National Records of Scotland
- As of 8th May 2022, there have been a total of 14,642 deaths registered in Scotland where the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was mentioned on the death certificate.
- In week 18 (26th of April to 2nd of May) there were 85 deaths involving COVID-19 (10 fewer than the previous week).
- The provisional total number of all deaths registered in Scotland in week 18 of 2022 (2nd to 8th May) was 1,085 (4% above the 5-year average).
Of the 85 deaths involving covid from 26th of April to 2nd of May :
15 – 44 age group , 1
45 – 64 age group, 9
65 – 74 age group, 8
75 – 84 age group, 30
85+ age group, 37
Please remember to
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- stay at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
The next stats published by Public Health Scotland will be on Monday 16th of May