The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 5,354.
The stats for Scotland published on 26th of May 2022 are as follows:
Covid Related Deaths in Scotland
- As of 22nd May 2022, there have been a total of 14,753 deaths registered in Scotland where the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was mentioned on the death certificate.
- From 16th to 22nd May there were 52 deaths involving COVID-19 (9 fewer than the previous week).
- The provisional total number of all deaths registered in Scotland in week 20 of 2022 (16th to 22nd May) was 1,191 (13% above the 5-year average).
Age 45 – 64 : 7 deaths
Age 65 – 74: 6 deaths
Age 75 – 84: 13 deaths
Age 85+: 26 deaths
7 Covid related deaths took place in Care Homes; 6 in a Home/Non-Institutional Setting; 39 in Hospital
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- stay at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
Care for yourself and others to help slow down the spread of the virus and reduce pressure on our health services.