The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 5,564
From the 4th to 10th of June 2022 there were 107 new Covid cases recorded in Orkney. The positivity rate was 477.7 per 100,000 of the population. The positivity rate for Scotland over the same period was 205.4 per 100,000.
- Stromness, Sandwick and Stenness: 28 Covid cases, positivity rate 868.2 (per 100,000)
- West Mainland: 21 Covid cases, positivity rate 490.1 (per 100,000)
- East Mainland: 19 Covid cases, positivity rate 411.3 (per 100,000)
- Isles: 16 Covid cases. positivity rate 376.9 (per 100,000)
Sampling of Kirkwall waste water for traces of non-infective Covid-19 ribonucleic acid (RNA)
11,991 (90%) of those aged 40+ in Orkney have received 3 doses of the vaccination against Covid. This falls to 79.1% for all those aged 12+.
2,268 (90%) of those aged 75 and over in Orkney have now had a 4th Covid jag.
The stats for Scotland published on 15th June 2022 are as follows:
- get your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- stay at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever
- open windows when socialising indoors
- wear a face covering in indoor public places and on public transport
- wash your hands to protect yourself
Care for yourself and others to help slow down the spread of the virus and reduce pressure on our health services.
Categories: Local News
This headline should be in neon over the Town Hall.