Do you have a community regeneration project that is currently in place or which has recently been completed?
The annual SURF awards are open for applications.
- To recognise and reward best practice and innovation in community regeneration;
- To promote and disseminate best practice across Scotland as means of sharing knowledge and experience, and thereby enhancing future policy and practice;
- To highlight the role that regeneration projects have in improving the wellbeing of individuals and communities.
Applications close on 5th September
To find out more click on this link: SURF Awards 2022
There are several categories:
- Creative Regeneration
- Housing and Regeneration
- Community Led Regeneration
- Supporting Youth Employability
- Improving Scotland’s Places (previously Scotland’s Most Improved Place)
In 2018 two community projects in Orkney were winners: Papay Community Cooperative and Westray
SURF was established in 1992 as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee. It is directed by a board of voluntary directors drawn from across its wide cross-sector membership of over 300 organisations. It is a charity, registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator.
The SURF Awards are delivered every year in partnership with the Scottish Government.
Brian MacDonald, SURF Chair said:
“The SURF Awards represent a way in which communities across Scotland can examine their journey and achievements over the past year and be recognised for their work. For those who are successful, the chance to be recognised by their peers is quite significant. For those who come close and others, there is the chance to learn and share experiences. I hope that communities across Scotland will take this chance to consider their own achievements and enter the Awards.”
Categories: Local News