Mince: Mince must be one of the most versatile ingredients with which to cook, recently I was asked not to presume everybody could cook and to not miss out everyday recipes. With this in mind today we are cooking Mince, just straight forward bog standard mince. I aim to show how to turn 500g of mince into three dishes: Mince, Spicy Pasta and Lasagne.
- 250g Mince.
- 2 large Onions chopped.
- 2 large Carrots diced.
- Diced Turnip = to the amount of carrot.
- 1 Stock cube. (I use beef)
- 300mls of boiling water.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Heat a little oil in a large pot and fry the Onion until soft.
- Add the Mince and fry until brown.
- Add your Carrot and Turnip.
- Dissolve you stock cube in 300mls of boiling water.
- Add stock to the mince and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 30mins or until your veg is soft.
- In a cup mix, 2tsp of Bisto and 1 tsp cornflour with a little water.
- Remove pot from the heat and slowly add your Bisto mix in, stirring all the time.
- If you gravy is too thick add some more water.
- Bring back to the boil, add salt and Pepper to taste and serve.
Top tip: if you like your mince dark add a little dark Soy Sauce to your gravy.
Cooking in batches is a great way to get value for money and is also a way to ensure home cooking for during the week when work can put restraints on your time. Here are the two recipes mentioned above enabling you to make 3 meals from 500g of mince.
Leave a Reply