The worldwide Great Nurdle Hunt for 2022 has published its report.
A summary of results:
- A total of 317 nurdle hunts.
- 90% nurdle hunts found at least one nurdle (up from 2021 79% and 2020 87%).
- Nurdle hunts took place in 23 countries. Nurdle were found in all but one country – Indonesia.
- 1,365 people took part including groups from 63 organisations.
- 1,383 hours spent nurdle hunting (the equivalent of 8 weeks straight!)
- An estimated 1.2 million nurdles were found.
From 20th of September to 17th of October, citizen scientists joined with organisations around the world to search for and record the tiny plastic pellets which are used in the manufacture of many products.
Through accidental spills or careless production and transport methods, nurdles end up in our seas. They are a massive plastic pollution threat to marine life.
Click on this link to find out more and how you can help: Fidra Nurdles
You can download a copy of the 2022 report here: