Blue green algae, or cyanobacteria, are a group of bacteria that can contain dangerous toxins which can be harmful and potentially fatal to pets, livestock and birds if ingested even in small quantities.
Blue green algae blooms may appear as green or greenish-brown scum on the surface of water.
“It’s great to see such a robust and comprehensive list of commitments to animal welfare from the Scottish Government”
The British Veterinary Association (BVA) has welcomed several key commitments to animal welfare
Vets are reminding pet owners to keep chocolate and other sweet treats well out of paws’ reach, as eating even a small amount can be dangerous or even fatal.
Legislation will be brought forward by the Scottish Government to make CCTV mandatory in all areas of abattoirs where live animals are present.