Time is running out for youth groups wishing to apply for funding from Youthlink Scotland as the closing date of 13.00 on Friday 28 April 2017 fast approaches. Last year a total of £8,776.00 went to groups in Orkney. Those who benefitted were:
- Orkney Youth cafe: £2,018.00
- Orkney Youth cafe: £4,442.00
- OIC Community Learning: £1,860.00
- Papdale Halls Youth Group: £456.00
YouthLink Scotland which is funded by the Scottish Government,administers the CashBack for Communities Youth Work Fund:
“to build the capacity of young people and the youth work organisations who work to support them. We welcome proposals for operating costs relating to the delivery of youth work activity programmes that add to or consolidate the excellent youth work already being undertaken throughout Scotland.”
This year £10,000 is available for groups in Orkney. The criteria for applications is as follows:
- Projects must be delivered between July 2017 and March 2018
- Disadvantaged young people aged 10 to 24
- Unemployed, not in education or training
- Excluded, or at risk of exclusion from school
- At risk of being involved in antisocial behaviour, offending/re-offending.
The Youth Work Fund comes through the Cash Back for Communities Initiative and is part of the Scottish Government’s determination to tackle inequalities by having a greater focus on young people from areas of deprivation. All the funded projects must be able to deliver targeted programmes which provide diversionary youth work activities.
For more information & to apply visit Youth Work Fund 2017 – 18
Leave a Reply