This simple to make recipe is a firm favourite with those that love Banoffee Pie and dare I suggest even with those that don’t. It also has the added benefit of being an any time of day snack, meaning you don’t need to wait until dessert to indulge in this guilty pleasure.
- 2 Packets of digestive bisuits
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tin of toffee condensed milk
- 1 300g bar of cooking chocolate, milk or dark it’s your choice
- Starting with 1 1/2 packets of digestive biscuits crush these until fine, you can always crush and add more if the mixture is too gooey when it comes time for rolling into balls.
- Mash the banana and add to the biscuit.
- Add the condensed milk and mix thoroughly. This is the point where you decided to add more biscuits or not, the mix should be quite firm and not too sticky.
- Roll into balls and place on a lined tray.
- Put into the fridge until chilled.
- Melt the chocolate according to the instructions on the packet.
- Toss the chilled balls individually in the melted chocolate, I find the easiest way to do this is by using 2 spoons.
- Carefully lift the chocolate covered balls back onto the lined tray.
- Place back in the fridge until the chocolate has set.
These should keep for around a week to ten days in the fridge, well that is if they even last that long.