Easy Peasy Peppermint Creams.
These super tasty, super easy sweeties are great for creating homemade gifts for Christmas. Get the kids involved, Grannies shall love them.
For this recipe you need,
- 1 box of Royal Icing Sugar
- 2tsp of Peppermint Essence
- 100g Chocolate (optional)
- In a large bowl empty the box of icing sugar.
- Add the peppermint essence.
- Very slowly add water a little at a time until you have an extremely stiff mix.
- Roll into marble sized balls, if the mix feels too wet add ordinary icing sugar until the fondant is workable.
- Place balls on grease proof paper on a large tray about 2″ apart.
- Press a fork into each of the balls to create a flat and decorative sweetie.
- Allow the sweets to dry out until hard on the outside.
- Melt the chocolate according to the packet instructions and dip or cover your sweeties according to preference.
- Allow chocolate to harden, eat and enjoy.