Often my meals comes from yellow reduced labels, today is a perfect example of this, the beef tomatoes I got for 8p each and the other ingredients I had in the house.
Pan fried Chicken with Curried stuffed Tomatoes with Potato Wedges.
Pan fried Chicken
- 375g Chicken sliced thinly.
- 2tsp Garlic Granules.
- 1/2 tsp of Dried Rosemary and Thyme.
- A knob of Butter.vote
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Beef Tomato per person.
- 1 onion diced.
- 1 pkt of pre cooked pilau rice. (Microwave rice is super for this)
- 1/2 tsp of Cumin.
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder.
- 1/2 Garam Masala.
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder.
- 1 tsp of Garlic granules.
- Salt and Pepper.
- 1 Medium Potato per person.
- Olive Oil.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Garlic Powder.
- Chili Powder.
- Dried Herbs your choice.
- Cut your Potatoes into wedges by cutting the potato in half lengthwise and then each half into three, lengthwise again and put into an Ashet.
- Drizzle over with olive Oil.
- Sprinkle over the remaining ingredients, toss and set aside.
- Carefully cut trough the top of the tomato and remove the pulp, chop up and retain for later. Place the tomatoes in an ashet.
- Fry the onion in a little oil until soft.
- Add the spices and stir through.
- Add the rice and tomato pulp.
- Stir everything together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the tomatoes with rice, put the lids back on and drizzle a little olive oil over the top.
In a pre heated oven 180’c, 374.F and gas mark 4 place both dishes, the potatoes on the top shelf with the tomatoes underneath and cook for 45mins.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and sprinkle all the spices over the top, toss until coated and set aside.
- Once the potatoes are ready put in the bottom of the oven.
- In a hot pan fry the chicken for a couple of minutes each side.
- Add the herbs and the butter and toss through.
- Put into the oven for 7 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Next week we shall do Won ton soup, for this you shall need 250g of minced pork
Leave a Reply