If you are interested in learning more about what is on offer with the University of the Highlands and Islands Orkney College there is an open day on Friday 8th December. From 1pm to 5pm you can find out about courses available for 2018 and those which will be starting in January.
What can you find out?
Finds from The Cairns excavation
- 4000 year old Ceramics
- Pollen analysis from Ring of Brodgar
- Creating a 3D image from a laser scanner
- Whale bones from the Cata Sands Excavation in Sanday
Art & Design
Mono Printing with staff and students.
Business and Administration
- A Treasure hunt and filing/sorting task
- Matching of owner v’s business in Orkney.
- The Stages of a Business Life Cycle Challenge
- Examples of games that have been designed by students.
- Work on cyber security done by students.
Examples of work from students in the main College building.
Taster sessions in the joinery and brickwork workshops
Health, Social Care, Childcare and Hairdressing
Information on all courses. Have a go at hairdressing with a mannequin head and focus on men working in care.
Staff on hand to answer questions.
Highlands & Islands Student Association – Will have a stall with a chance to talk to Orkney College students about what HISA does.
A static stand with information will be placed in the foyer of the College building.
The Nav School in Stromness will also be open from 1-5pm for anyone wanting to find out more about engineering or maritime studies.
Information will also be available on:
- The Institute of Northern Studies
- Networked Courses
- Culture and Heritage
- School Senior Phase Options
For more information:
Orkney College UHI, East Road, Kirkwall, Orkney, KW15 1LX
Tel: 01856 569000 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org