Want to find out more about what is on offer at Orkney College UHI?
The rescheduled Open Day takes place on Friday 26th January 2018 1-5pm
It is a great opportunity to speak to staff across the departments and see the variety of work that goes on at Orkney College UHI.
On the day there will be information on all of the departments, with the chance to see departments;
Finds from The Cairns excavation
· 4000 year old Ceramics
· Creating a 3D image from a laser scanner
· Whale bones from the Cata Sands Excavation in Sanday
Art & Design
Mono Printing with staff and BA Fine Art students.
Business and Administration
• A Treasure hunt and filing/sorting task
• Matching of owner v’s business in Orkney.
• The Stages of a Business Life Cycle Challenge
• Examples of games that have been designed by students.
• Work on cyber security done by students.
Health, Social Care, Childcare and Hairdressing
Information on all courses. Have a go at hairdressing with a mannequin head and focus on men working in care.
Staff on hand to answer questions.
Highlands & Islands Student Association
Will have a stall with a chance to talk to Orkney College students about what HISA does.
Come and see a set up table in the training restaurant with a chance to speak to staff.
Maritime and Engineering Studies
A static stand with information will be placed in the foyer of the College building.
The Nav School in Stromness will be open from 1-5pm for anyone wanting to find out more about engineering or maritime studies.
There will also be static/manned stands providing info on the following areas:
• Modern Apprenticeships
• The Institute of Northern Studies
• Networked Courses
• Culture and Heritage
• School Senior Phase Options
Related story: ‘You Are The Future’: UHI Orkney Graduation Day
Leave a Reply