Well, it’s almost 2 months on from Christmas so surely the time is ripe for getting some of that frozen Turkey back into food. This week we have therefore chosen a simple creamy Spaghetti dish. As always the vegetables I use are either just what’s in the fridge or in this case the freezer.
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic or 2 tsps of Garlic Granules
- 200g of pre-cooked Turkey
- A mixture of vegetables, for me a good handful of mixed frozen vegetables
- ½ pint of boiling water
- ½ pint of milk
- 2 dsps of cornflour
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a little oil in a large pan.
- Add the Onion and fry for 2-3 minutes
- Add the garlic and and fresh vegetables if using, further fry for another minute.
- Add the Cornflour and stir to make sure the Onion is covered.
- Add the liquid and the stock cube, bring to the boil.
- Cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Add the frozen vegetables if using, mixed herbs and the Turkey.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cook Spaghetti according to instructions on the pack and drain.
- Add the Spaghetti to the sauce and mix through thoroughly.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy.
Next week we are making a dish given to me from our reporter Nick Morrison for Special Beans, which I’ve paired with homemade chilli burgers. Really simple and full of flavour and protein. For this you shall need, 1 tin of beans, an onion, garlic, cumin, turmeric and chilli. For the burgers you shall need, 400g of beef mince, onion, garlic, herbs, chilli, breadcrumbs and egg if you prefer to use less beef.