Stuck in the house due to bad weather, don’t want to venture out due to safety concerns, then here is an easy loaf recipe. Don’t worry if you don’t have bread flour, plain flour will do at a push, just add an extra teaspoon of yeast.
Find my easy to follow video tutorial for making bread here
or follow the following recipe.
- 200g of strong bread flour
- 200g of wholemeal flour
- 400g of either of the above
- 200mls of warm water
- 1 tbls of oil
- 1½tsp of fast yeast
- 1tsp of salt
- 1tsp of sugar
- Into a large bowl measure your flour
- On opposite sides of the bowl measure out your, salt, yeast and sugar
- Create a well in the centre and pour in your oil and your water
- Bring in your dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10mins
- Create a slightly oblong shape and put into an lightly oiled loaf tin
- Cover with a lightly oiled piece of clingfilm and leave to proof/rise until doubled in size, it should take around 1½ hrs
- Place in a pre-heated oven 225’c, 400’f or gas mark 6 for 25mins
- Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool
Top tip: Make two and freeze one as you never know when the next storm will come in.