Noodles make a quick and easy alternative to rice or pasta and are a way to create a healthy and extremely cheap meal, I hope you enjoy it and make it a family favourite. I am using dried noodles in this recipes, but straight to wok are equally good. I am also using individual vegetables but for quickness a packet of wok veg is great.
- Enough noodles for 4
- 1 chicken breast or 1-2 pork chops thinly sliced into strips.
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated, 1/2tsp ground ginger can be used
- 1/2tsp chilli flakes
- 1 lage onion wedged
- 1 large carrot cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper wedged
- 75g mushrooms (approx) quartered
- 2tbls dark soy sauce
- 2dsp corn flour
- oil for cooking.
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- In a lidded container mix soy sauce, garlic, chilli flakes and ginger together add raw meat and further mix, cover and set aside for 30mins approx.
- After 30mins In a large bowl add 2 stock cubes to of 1 litre of boiling water, dissolve then add dried noodles and set aside for 10mins, if using straight to wok noodles you should only need to add to stock liquor seconds before needing to add to wok, as you are only needing to loosen these not soften.
- In a wok or large sided frying pan, heat 3tbls oil, carefully add the meat mixture and fry for approx 3mins, add onion and carrot and fry for another minute or two
- add remaining veg and further fry for approx 3mins.
- add cornflour and make sure all ingredients are coated
- Carefully drain liquor from your noodles into the wok and bring to the boil.
- Add your pre soaked noodles and mix thoroughly
- Serve and enjoy.
Indeed very mouth watering