This is a great recipe for using up over ripe and seasonal fruit. Super easy and quick to make.
- 4 large apples cored peeled and sliced or fruit of your choice.
- 150g of Plain Flour
- 100g of butter or spread
- 85g of sugar for topping
- 50g of sugar for over the fruit
- 1tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- In a large bowl mix the flour and the butter until mix resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the 85g of sugar to the flour mix and stir in.
- Place the apples in a large overproof dish.
- Sprinkle over the other 50g of sugar more if you are using bramleys.
- Cover the apples with the topping and place in a pre heated oven for 35-40mins. 180’c, 375’f, gas mark 5
- Serve and enjoy with cream or ice cream or like me both.