This weeks cake is using up some of the leftover ingredients from last weeks Christmas Cake. Super easy, super tasty.
- 225g of Self Raising Flour seived
- 110g of sugar
- 110g of baking spread or butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- 50mls of milk
- 1tsp of Vanilla or Almond Essence
- 100g of glazed cherries quartered
- 50g of ground almonds (optional)
- A little flaked almonds for over the top (optional)
- Mix the ground almonds with the flour and toss ¾ of the cherries in.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and the essence.
- In a large bowl, cream the spread and the sugar.
- Gradually add the flour and the egg mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add a little more milk if you feel your batter is stodgy.
- In a pre greased and lined loaf tin or 6inch round 3inch deep cake tin, pour in your batter mixture.
- Poke the remaining cherries through the top of your mix.
- Sprinkle over the flaked almonds if you are using them.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 180°c, 375°f,gas mark 4 for 45mins to 1hr. Check after 45mins with a skewer, if it comes away clean or with crumbs your cake is ready, if the skewer is wet give your cake another 15mins. If you feel the top of the cake has had enough cooking, protect it with a little baking paper before any further cooking.
- Serve and enjoy.