Using up the last of the Christmas Cake fruit mix to create this traditional Family Fruit Cake, quick, easy and super tasty.
Family Fruit Cake
- 225g of Self Raising Flour sifted
- 200g of mixed fruit or 175g of currants and 25g of peel
- 110g of baking spread/margarine
- 100g of sugar
- 2 eggs beaten with 4tbls of milk
- 1tsp of mixed spice added to the flour
- 1½tsp of baking powder added to the flour
- Cream the sugar and the spread together until pale in colour.
- Gradually add the flour mix and the egg mix alternately until all combined.
- Stir in the fruit.
- Pour into a pre lined 6 inch round 3 inch deep cake tin and bake for 1¼hrs in the middle of the oven at 180°c, 350-375°f gas mark 4.