Today is Shrove Tuesday so what else could we make but Pancakes, this is a quick and easy recipe to follow.
- 200g of Self Raising Flour
- 1tsp of Baking Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 50g of sugar (optional)
- 300mls of milk
- 1 Egg beaten into the milk
- A knob of melted butter
- 100-150g of soft fruit, Blueberries or summer fruits are ideal.
- Golden or Maple syrup for over the top.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan until quite hot.
- Seive the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add your pinch of Salt.
- Create a well in the centre and add the wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly until you have gotten rid of any lumps.
- Add the sugar if using and mix again.
- Add ½ the fruit and mix through.
- Using a brush or a piece of kitchen roll, apply a tiny bit of oil to your pan.
- Using a large spoon or ladle add your batter to the pan, one or two at a time.
- Cook until your batter bubbles.
- Flip and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Cover to keep warm until all your pancakes are cooked.
- Arrange your remaining fruit over and around your stack of pancakes.
- Drizzle over some heated syrup and serve direct in their stack.
1 reply »