You know when you remember you’ve got folks coming and there’s nothing tasty in the house, this All Butter Shortbread is great for just such an occasion.
All Butter Shortbread
- 200g of plain flour or
- 175g of plain flour and
- 25g of corn or rice flour sieved
- 65g of caster sugar
- 125g of softened butter
- A little extra caster sugar for dusting
- Cream the sugar and the butter together in a large bowl.
- Add the flour to the mix and stir using a wooden spoon until combined.
- Grease and line a 20cm tin.
- Place your shortbread dough into the tin and using the heel of your hand press out the dough to fill the tin.
- Prick all over with a fork.
- Score into eight pieces with a sharp knife.
- Bake in a pre heated oven 160°c, 325°f, gas mark 3 for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
- Remove from the tin and sprinkle over some caster sugar.