The Scottish Greens who have only stood in constituency seats in Edinburgh and Glasgow for the Scottish Parliament are considering contesting more due to the experience in the Shetland By Election.
With no constituency MSPs the Scottish Greens do well with the additional member votes and in 2016 gained 4 Regional seats bringing their current cohort to 6 MSPs.
They are encouraging their members to step forward for not just the Scottish Parliamentary elections but for a UK General Election too.
Based on a range of factors, the most likely prospects for us are where we have existing representatives, good local groups and geographical factors in our favour
The Scottish Greens 6 members of the Scottish Parliament are:
- Patrick Harvie MSP: Glasgow
- John Finnie MSP: Highlands and Islands
- Alison Johnstone MSP: Lothian
- Andy Wightman MSP: Lothian
- Mark Ruskell MSP: Mid Scotland and Fife
- Ross Greer MSP: West of Scotland
Reporter: Fiona Grahame