Well here it is folks; as promised my first venture into doing recipes whilst on the road in our motorhome. This one comes from Sango Sands, Durness right on the North Coast of Scotland on the famous NC500 route.
This recipe keeps in mind that many caravans & motorhomes only have two rings so this is a simple two pot dinner.
Pasta with Smoked Sausage and Tomato Sauce
- 2tbls of Olive Oil
- 1 Smoked Sausage sliced
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 5-6 Mushrooms quartered
- 4 medium sized very ripe Tomatoes, chopped/or 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2tbls Tomato Puree
- 2-3 tsps of Garlic Granules
- 1 stock cube, Vegetable, Ham or Chicken.
- ½tsp Mixed Herbs
- ½tsp Black Pepper, or to taste
- 250mls of water
- Cooked Pasta to be added last
- Grated cheese for over the top
- Heat the oil and fry the onions and mushrooms until softened.
- Add all other ingredients apart from the pasta and cook for 45 mins.
- After 30 mins put your pasta on to cook according to the packet instructions.
- Drain your pasta and add to the sauce.
- Serve, then grate a little of your cheese of choice over the top.