Tex Mex Chicken with Spaghetti
- 300g chicken cut into thin strips
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 150g mushrooms sliced
- 1 heaped teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 3 garlic cloves or 3tsp garlic granules
- 1/2tsp chilli powder (add more if you like it very hot)
- 1/4tsp chilli flakes
- 1dsp cornflour
- 3/4 pint of boiling water
- 1/4 pint of milk (optional)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 bay leaf.
- chopped parsley (optional)
- 100g cheese
- Heat a little oil and brown the chicken
- Add the onion and cook until softened
- Add the mushrooms, red pepper, smoked paprika, chilli powder and cook for a minute or two until the oils starts to come out of the paprika and chilli, add the garlic and cornflour and stir until everything is coated.
- Add the bay leaf, chilli flakes, milk, boiling water and the stock cube and bring back to the boil stirring constantly.
- Cook for around 30mins or until the chicken is cooked. Add the chopped parsley and cheese.
- In conjunction with above, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions, and drain.
- At this point, gauge whether you feel the sauce is thick enough, it should be thick enough to coat the pasta but fluid enough to mix easily. If you feel it should be a little thicker, mix 1 heaped tsp of cornflour with a little milk and add slowly to the sauce, stirring all the time.
- Pour the pasta into the sauce and mix thoroughly, serve with crusty bread.