Every citizen is instructed to comply with these new measures.
You can download the guidance here: Full guidance on staying at home and away from others
You should only leave the house for one of four reasons.
● Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
● One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household.
● Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
● Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home.
- all non-essential retail stores –
- libraries, community centres, and youth centres
- indoor and outdoor leisure facilities
- communal places within parks
- places of worship, except for funerals attended by immediate families
- hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, and boarding houses for commercial/leisure use (excluding permanent residents and key workers).
No public gatherings of more than two people – except family/people who live together and essential workers.
No social events: including weddings, baptisms and other religious ceremonies.
The measures will be in place for 3 weeks from 23rd of March and will then be reviewed.
Police Scotland and other relevant authorities will have the power to enforce the restrictions where there is non compliance.
The new measures are effective immediately