I made this again last night so thought I’d share in case you may have missed it.
Fish pie in my opinion is the ultimate in comfort food; whilst hopefully keeping in line with good health, quickness and being economical. Absolutely nothing wrong with using dried potato in this recipe if time is of the essence. I am using smoked Haddock however any smoked fish will do and obviously if you want to add additional fish/prawns to your dish then do so.
- 1kg of mashed potato
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into individual floretts
- A good handful of frozen sweetcorn or a small tin
- 2 pieces of smoked fish
- 450mls of milk
- 1 1/2dsp cornflour
- 50g butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 150gms cheese, optional
- Have potatoes made and mashed and set aside to cool.
- Put broccoli into a pan of salted water bring to the boil and cook for no more than 5mins, drain and set aside.
- Place fish and peppered milk in a pan bring to the boil and cook for around 5mins, carefully lift out your fish and retain your milk. Again set fish aside to cool.
- Mix cornflour with approx 40ml of cold milk and along with the butter add to your retained fishy milk and slowly bring back to the boil, stirring all the time
- Remove from the heat and add cheese if using.
- Turn on oven to 180’c, 375’f, Gas mark 4
- In a large ashet/casserole dish place your broccoli and sprinkle over your sweetcorn, gently break up your fish and scatter over the veg, pour over your sauce mix allowing it to run down through the fish and veg, finish by covering with your potato.
- Place on a large tray and cook for around 35-40 mins. Enjoy.