This has to be the easiest way that I’ve ever cooked poached eggs, so I thought I would share it with everybody.
Easy Peasy Poached Eggs
What you will Need
- Clingfilm or an inside out sandwich bag
- Salt and Pepper
- A pan of boiling water
- A mug
- Boil a pan of water.
- Rip off a piece of clingfilm and gently push down into the mug making sure to leave enough to hang over the edge. Use the same method if you are using a wee bag.
- Spray or brush the clingfilm/bag with oil.
- Crack your egg into the clingfilm/bag
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Bring the clingfilm together and twist, leaving a little space between the egg and the twist. If using a bag tie a knot.
- Drop the egg into the pan of boiling water, leaving the ends of the clingfilm/bag over the edge of the pan.
- Cover with a lid and simmer.
- Times are approximate. Small Egg/3mins, Med Egg/3½mins, Large Egg/4mins
- Gently open and slide/turn out onto your plate/toast. Be careful as they are hot.
- Serve as you best like them and enjoy.
If you use a bag you should be able to use more than once.
Leave a Reply