St Magnus Cathedral will reopen for private prayer and reflection from Tuesday 21 July.
Covid19 public health measures will be in place:
- Initial opening hours will be Monday – Thursday, 10:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 16:00.
- Entry and exit via the accessible door on the south side.
- Hand sanitiser to be used in the building by visitors entering and leaving.
- One way system with signage
- Visits restricted to 15 minutes
- Up to 20 people permitted to be in the building at one time.
- The toilets will remain closed
Cathedral Minister,the Rev Fraser Macnaughton, said:
“Many people in Orkney and further afield regard our Cathedral as a very special place and we must have all measures in place ahead of its reopening to ensure the safety of all.
“Church and cathedral staff respectfully ask that anyone wishing to spend a quiet moment in this beautiful building respect the measures that have been put in place to keep them safe, which will be reviewed and updated, if necessary, on a regular basis.”
Rev Macnaughton and members of the Kirk Session will be continuing with their programme of worship, reflections, services and organ pieces online – which have been very well received and attracted audiences from around the world.
For more information log onto the Cathedral congregation FaceBook page for organ pieces, reflections and weekly Sunday worship.