As many of you know we are currently in the middle of house renovations so apologies for the time between some of our videos. Here is an old one which can hopefully inspire a use for all the beautiful fresh fruit on offer currently. Pancakes are not only for Shrove Tuesday after all.
- 200g of Self Raising Flour
- 1tsp of Baking Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 50g of sugar (optional)
- 300mls of milk
- 1 Egg beaten into the milk
- A knob of melted butter
- 100-150g of soft fruit, Blueberries or frozen summer fruits are ideal.
- Golden or Maple syrup for over the top.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan until quite hot.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add your pinch of Salt.
- Create a well in the centre and add the wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly until you have gotten rid of any lumps.
- Add the sugar if using and mix again.
- Add ½ the fruit and mix through.
- Using a brush or a piece of kitchen roll, apply a tiny bit of oil to your pan.
- Using a large spoon or ladle add your batter to the pan, one or two at a time.
- Cook until your batter bubbles.
- Flip and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Cover to keep warm until all your pancakes are cooked.
- Arrange your remaining fruit over and around your stack of pancakes.
- Drizzle over some heated syrup and serve direct in their stack.
Leave a Reply