Numbers of recorded cases in Scotland continue to be of great concern including another positive test in Orkney.
As the virus infects people for several days before any symptoms show it stresses the importance of keeping to social distancing, wearing a face mask and cleaning hands.
Today, 22nd of October, the following were recorded in Scotland:
- 1,712 new cases of COVID-19 reported; this is 19.8%of newly tested individuals
- 17 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 74 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 928 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 20,689 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 9.2% of these were positive
Across the whole of Scotland people have been asked not to visit other households and to continue to work from home where that is possible.
To help with contract tracing the protect Scotland app is an invaluable tool because some of those who test positive may be unknown to you but you may have been shopping near them.