As Orkney gets set to move to Level 0 tomorrow another positive case of Covid19 has been recorded in the islands. This brings the cumulative total in Orkney to 76.
Today’s announced figures in Scotland are showing the biggest increase in cases for months.
Stats for Scotland 4th of June 2021
- 992 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 26,962 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 3.9% of these were positive
- 2 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 8 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 116 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 3,326,005 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,170,570 have received their second dose
The increase in cases is happening across the whole of the UK at a rapid rate.
In Orkney 10,129 people aged 50+ ( 96.7%) have had their first dose of the Covid19 vaccine, 9,338 (89.1%) have had their second dose (figures correct to 3rd June 2021.)
It should be noted that the vaccine gives protection for the worst effects of covid 19, it does not prevent you from getting it or passing it on to others.
The advice continues to be to remember FACTS:
- wear a face covering
- avoid crowded places
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- stay 2m away from other people
- self-isolate and get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- download the Protect Scotland app
And people who wish to visit the islands are requested to take 2 lateral flow tests. These are free to everyone in Scotland.
You can find all that information here: If you do not have symptoms (lateral flow tests)
Reporter: Fiona Grahame