The cumulative total of Covid positive test results in Orkney now stands at 128.
The stats published on 12th of July 2021 for Scotland are as follows:
- 2,134* new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 21,326* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 11.1% of these were positive
- 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
- 40 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 469 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 3,934,408 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,893,271 have received their second dose
This is what is happening across the whole of the UK with rising numbers of Covid cases:
Tomorrow, 13th of July, Boris Johnson is set to announce the next set of arrangements for managing the pandemic in England. A step being referred to by some as ‘Freedom Day’ on 19th of July where it is proposed to lift ALL restrictions. A strategy severely criticised by scientists and medical professionals. Johnson’s Freedom Day ‘a dangerous and unethical experiment’
In Scotland, no matter what level the area you live in is at, you are asked to remember to observe FACTS:
- wear a face covering
- avoid crowded places
- clean hands and surfaces regularly
- stay 2m away from other people
- self-isolate and get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- download the Protect Scotland app
The NHS Scotland contact tracing app is free to download.
Those wishing to visit the islands are requested to take two Lateral Flow Tests before doing so.
For people in Orkney if you have symptoms this is how you can book a Covid test.