The cumulative total for positive covid cases recorded in Orkney now stands at 144 with the addition of a new case today.
The stats for Scotland as at 23rd of July 2021 are as follows:
- 1,505 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 25,795 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 6.4% of these were positive
- 6 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 57 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 502 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 3,992,327 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,044,803 have received their second dose
All of Scotland is at Level 0 where some restricitions do apply.
People are reminded to:
- get the vaccine when you are offered it
- wear a face covering, clean hands and surfaces regularly
- avoid crowded places and stay 1m away from other people
- meet outside if you can, and open windows when indoors
- if you have symptoms get a test and stay at home
- take regular tests if you don’t have symptoms to reduce the risk of spreading the virus
- use the Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland apps
The NHS Scotland contact tracing app is free to download and a really valuable tool to use during this pandemic particularly now with fewer restrictions and people travelling about the country.