There are no new cases of Covid recorded in Orkney today and the cumulative total for the islands has been reduced by 2 cases . On 28/07/2021, there was a reduction in the cumulative number of positive cases due to the removal of duplicate historic cases. The cumulative total for Orkney now stands at 150.
The stats for Scotland 28th July 2021 are as follows:
- 1,179* new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 28,268* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 4.8% of these were positive
- 9 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 63 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 474 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,002,903 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,125,690 have received their second dose
* Public Health Scotland (PHS) has undertaken work to improve their COVID-19 reporting process to ensure they continue to provide the most accurate and timely information. As a result of this, today’s testing figures covering the latest 24 hours will include a small number of tests notified between 12:00am and 5:15am on 27 July that would have been reported in yesterday’s daily figures. This is due to the transition to a new reporting schedule including cases up to 12am on day of reporting; there is no double counting in the cumulative totals reported today.
The vaccination figures for Orkney are:
18+ age 1st dose 16,861 91.6% 2nd dose 15,051 81.8%
For those aged 18 – 29 in Orkney 84.4% have had 1st dose, 35.3% have had the 2nd dose.
People are reminded to:
- get the vaccine when you are offered it
- wear a face covering, clean hands and surfaces regularly
- avoid crowded places and stay 1m away from other people
- meet outside if you can, and open windows when indoors
- if you have symptoms get a test and stay at home
- take regular tests if you don’t have symptoms to reduce the risk of spreading the virus
- use the Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland apps
Scotland is in Level 0. Find out what you can do at Level 0.