News

Pegasus Arrives In Kirkwall

Last night saw Richard Kerswell sail into Kirkwall on his yacht Pegasus.

Richard Kerswell Sailing into Kirkwall on his Yacht Pegasus

Richard is sailing solo around the UK on Pegasus raising money for two charities, 80% of which will go to Give the World a Shot Covid Vaccines for third world countries and the other 20% which will go to Orphans in the Wild an HIV charity for orphans and foster families in the Mufindi, Tanzania.

Pegasus

Richard started his journey on the 24th June sailing from Penzance to St Ives and has called into a great many ports along the West coast of the Uk including Milford Haven, Caernarfon, Belfast, Glasgow, Largs, The Crinin Canal, St Kilda, Harris and Lewis, Cape Wrath and many others ports along the way.

We caught up with Richard in Kirkwall Marina last night in a fascinating interview where he tells us about his journey and why he is undertaking this incredible challenge.

Richard continues his solo endeavour onto Fair Ilse today before heading to Shetland tomorrow then onwards down the East Coast and into the Channel before returning to Cornwall for a very well earned rest.

If you would like to donate to these charities, you can do so via Richard and Peggys Magic Roundabout

You can also follow Richard’s progress on his Facebook page Pegasuses Places.

We also filmed Richard’s arrival into the Kirkwall Marina

Reporter Helen Armet

Photos by Kenny Armet

Videos by Fiona Grahame

Leave a Reply