The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 190 as 2 more positive test results were recorded in the health board area.
The stats for Scotland published on 26th of August 2021 are as follows:
- 4,925 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 45,017 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 11.5% of these were positive
- 14 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 47 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 426 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,092,295 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,617,687 have received their second dose
Worldwide there have been 4,481,020 deaths directly attributable to the Covid virus to date.
The UK has recorded 132,003 deaths directly attributable to Covid: England 116,000; Scotland 8,085; Wales 5,662; Northern Ireland 2,328. In contrast, New Zealand which has continued, since the very start, strict public health measures has recorded 26 deaths.
People are reminded to:
- get the vaccine when you are offered it
- wear a face covering where required
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- self isolate and take a PCR test if you have symptoms
- take regular tests if you don’t have symptoms to reduce the risk of spreading the virus
- meet outside if you can, and open windows when indoors
- keep your distance from people not in your group
- work from home, or do a mixture of home and office working if possible
- use the Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland apps
Leave a Reply