The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 207 as 2 new positive tests were recorded in the Health Board Area.
The stats for Scotland published on 3rd September 2021 are as follows:
- 6,711 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 58,534 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 12.1% of these were positive
- 10 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 60 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 653 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,114,552 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,709,328 have received their second dose
The rise in cases is putting great pressure on hospital services as you can see from this graph.
And extremely concerning is the number of people who are now having to go into Intensive Care Units (ICU)
Please remember to:
- get the vaccine when you are offered it
- wear a face covering where required
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- self isolate and take a PCR test if you have symptoms
- take regular tests if you don’t have symptoms to reduce the risk of spreading the virus
- meet outside if you can, and open windows when indoors
- keep your distance from people not in your group
- work from home, or do a mixture of home and office working if possible
- use the Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland apps
Help to protect yourself and others.