The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 278 as 4 new positive test results were recorded in the Health Board area today.
For the 7 days from 5th September to 11th of September 2021 in Orkney there were the following number of cases:
- West Mainland – 19
- East Mainland – 11
- Stromness, Sandwick, Stenness – 11
- North Isles, Linked South Isles, Hoy, Flotta – 9
Sadly, another death (covid confirmed) brings that total to 8 in Orkney.
The stats for Scotland published on 15th of September 2021 are as follows:
- 4,917 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 57,383 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 9.2% of these were positive
- 30 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 91 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,079 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,146,847 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,791,597 have received their second dose
In the week ending 12 September, 76 deaths were registered where COVID-19 was on the death certificate.
- 8,293 people have died who have tested positive as at 15 September
- 10,688 deaths have been registered in Scotland where COVID-19 was mentioned on the death certificate up to 12 September
- 32% of COVID-19 registered deaths related to deaths in care homes, 61% were in hospitals and 7% were at home or non-institutional settings (as at 12 September)
Here at The Orkney News our deepest sympathies go out to all those affected and please remember that all these numbers are people.
Public Health remind you to:
- get the vaccine when you are offered it
- wear a face covering where required
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- self isolate and take a PCR test if you have symptoms
- take regular tests if you don’t have symptoms to reduce the risk of spreading the virus
- meet outside if you can, and open windows when indoors
- keep your distance from people not in your group
- work from home, or do a mixture of home and office working if possible
- use the Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland apps