The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney has now reached 304 as 7 new positive test results were recorded in the Health Board Area.
From 13th to 19th of September 2021 the cases in Orkney were as follows:
- West Mainland: 6
- Stromness, Sandwick, Stenness: 7
- East Mainland: 0-2
- North Isles, Linked South Isles, Hoy, Flotta: 0 – 2
The stats for Scotland published on 22nd September 2021 are as follows:
- 3,598 new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 49,597 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 7.8% of these were positive
- 31 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 82 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,076 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,163,235 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,815,907 have received their second dose
As at 12 September, 10,688 deaths have been registered in Scotland where the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was mentioned on the death certificate, according to statistics published today by National Records of Scotland (NRS).
In the week 06 – 12 September, 76 deaths were registered that mentioned COVID-19 on the death certificate, an increase of 18 deaths from the previous week.
12 people who died were aged under 65, 13 were of people aged 65-74 and 51 were over 75. 48 people who died were male and 28 were female.
To protect yourself and others you should:
- get the vaccine when you are offered it
- wear a face covering where required
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- self isolate and take a PCR test if you have symptoms
- take regular tests if you don’t have symptoms to reduce the risk of spreading the virus
- meet outside if you can, and open windows when indoors
- keep your distance from people not in your group
- work from home, or do a mixture of home and office working if possible
- use the Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland apps