The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney stands at 865 as 8 new positive test results were recorded in the Health Board area.
The stats for Scotland published on 18th of November 2021 are as follows:
- 3,235* new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 45,338* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 7.5%* of these were positive
- 29 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 63 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 786 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,334,346 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, and 3,933,493 have received their second dose, and 1,307,271 have received a third dose or booster.
*Due to new data feeds being established, Public Health Scotland are now reporting data obtained from private lab testing. This includes around 700 positive cases, out of approximately 90,000 PCR tests, which have been acted upon and all appropriate public health action taken as required. Future reporting will contain this data in real-time, however cumulative figures reported today include historic data received from 22 October therefore numbers may look inflated.
- get the vaccine when you are offered it
- wear a face covering where required
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- self isolate and take a PCR test if you have symptoms
- take regular tests if you don’t have symptoms to reduce the risk of spreading the virus
- meet outside if you can, and open windows when indoors
- keep your distance from people not in your group
- work from home, or do a mixture of home and office working if possible
- use the apps: COVID status (vaccine passport), Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland