The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 881 as 3 new positive test results were recorded in the Health Board area.
The stats for Scotland published on 22nd November 2021 are as follows:
- 2,481* new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 23,083* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 11.4% of these were positive
- 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)
- 59 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 750 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,339,277 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 3,939,128 have received their second dose, and 1,437,823 have received a third dose or booster.
*Due to a network outage, Public Health Scotland have not received NHS lab data from one site since Saturday 20 November.
- get the vaccine booster when offered
- wear a face covering where required
- if you have symptoms – self isolate and book a PCR test
- if you don’t have symptoms – take a lateral flow test twice a week
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- meet outside if you can, and open windows when indoors
- keep your distance from people not in your group
- work from home, or do a mixture of home and office working if possible
- use the apps: COVID status (vaccine passport), Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland