The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 937 as 5 new positive tests were recorded in the Health Board area.
Sadly another covid related death was recorded in Orkney on 3rd of December.
The stats for Scotland published on 4th December 2021 are as follows:
- 1,257* new cases of COVID-19 reported
- 22,975* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
- 5.9%* of these were positive
- 14* new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 50 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 605 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,351,214 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 3,956,719 have received their second dose, and 1,823,515 have received a third dose or booster.
*Public Health Scotland are aware of a processing issue with UK Government lab tests contributing to lower than expected cases and tests in today’s figures. Investigations are ongoing to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Please remember all these numbers are people.
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- if you don’t have symptoms take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people
- wear a face covering where required
- if you have symptoms – self isolate and book a PCR test
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- if you can, keep your distance from people not in your group
- work from home if possible
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland