The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 956 as 2 new positive test were recorded in the Health Board area.
The stats for Scotland published on 9th December 2021 are as follows:
- 3,196 new cases of COVID-19 reported*
- 42,387 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results*
- 8.0% of these were positive
- 16 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 39 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 578 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,358,725 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 3,967,477 have received their second dose, and 2,000,915 have received a third dose or booster.
*Public Health Scotland are aware that recent processing issues at labs have impacted turnaround times resulting in delays between specimens being taken and results being received and reported. The situation is being monitored.
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- if you don’t have symptoms take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people
- wear a face covering where required
- if you have symptoms – self isolate and book a PCR test
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- if you can, keep your distance from people not in your group
- work from home if possible
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland