The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 1,572 as 42 new positive test results were recorded in the Health Board area.
The positive cases recorded across Orkney from 28th December 2021 to 3rd of January 2022 are as follows:
- West Mainland: 21
- Stromness, Sandwick, Stenness: 36
- East Mainland: 79
- Isles: 25
The 7 day positivity rate was 23.5%
11,730 ( 88.1%) of those aged 40+ in Orkney have had a third (booster) jag.
The stats published on 6th January 2022 for Scotland are as follows:
- 11,360 new cases of COVID-19 reported*
- 57,217 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results*
- 23.1% of these were positive
- 18 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
- 43 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,267 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,387,192 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,033,635 have received their second dose, and 3,041,961 have received a third dose or booster**
* There continues to be large volumes of tests being processed by labs; this and the holiday weekend have impacted turnaround times resulting in delays between specimens being taken and results being received and reported. Public Health Scotland are continuing to monitor the situation.
** Public Health Scotland note that the issue with the vaccination data reported yesterday has now been resolved and figures presented today are up to date.
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- limit the amount of social contact you have with other households – gather in groups of no more than 3 households
- avoid crowded places
- if you don’t have symptoms take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people – get LFD tests
- follow the guidance on NHS Inform on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- work from home if you can
- take an LFD test each time before you visit someone in a hospital or care home
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Guidance for individuals with possible coronavirus infection
Leave a Reply