The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 1,635 as 38 new positive test results have been recorded since Friday 7th of January 2022.
Saturday 8th January +5, cumulative total 1,602
Sunday 9th January +22, cumulative total 1,624
Monday 10th January +11, cumulative total, 1,635
Between the 1st of January and the 7th of January 2022 the positivity rate in Orkney was 21.9%
The positive cases recorded in Orkney are as follows:
- West Mainland: 17
- Stromness, Sandwick, Stenness: 32
- East Mainland: 48
- Isles: 10
The stats for Scotland published on 10th of January 2022 are as follows:
- 11,827 new cases of COVID-19 reported*
- 47,019 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results*
- 29.5% of these were positive
- 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that register offices are now generally closed at weekends).
- 54 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,432 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,392,694 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,048,656 have received their second dose, and 3,115,065 have received a third dose or booster.
* There continues to be large volumes of tests being processed by labs; this has impacted turnaround times resulting in delays between specimen’s beings taken and results being received and reported. PHS are continuing to monitor the situation.
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- limit the amount of social contact you have with other households – gather in groups of no more than 3 households
- avoid crowded places
- if you don’t have symptoms take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people – get LFD tests
- follow the guidance on NHS Inform on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- work from home if you can
- take an LFD test each time before you visit someone in a hospital or care home
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland
Related story: Vaccination Vital #Covid Update