The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 2,355 as 58 new tests were recorded in the Health Board area.
Sadly another Covid confirmed death was also recorded in Orkney on 27th January 2022.
Between 1st February and 7th February there were 198 positive cases in Orkney.
- West Mainland: 57
- Stromness, Sandwick, Stenness: 15
- East Mainland: 63
- Isles: 14
In Scotland the stats published on 10th February are as follows:
- 7,275 new cases of COVID-19 reported.
- 24 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 19 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 904 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,424,596 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,139,618 have received their second dose, and 3,332,960 have received a third dose or booster
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people or visiting a hospital or care home – get lateral flow tests
- follow the guidance on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- if mixing with others, try to gather in small groups only
- wash your hands regularly and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- a mixture of home and office working is allowed
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland