The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 2,393 as 40 new positive test results were recorded in the Health Board Area.
On this date last year, 11th February 2021, Orkney had a cumulative total of 66 Covid cases.
From 2nd to 6th of February there were 206 positive cases of Covid in Orkney.
- West Mainland: 48
- Stromness, Sandwick, Stenness: 17
- East Mainland: 66
- Isles: 13
The stats for Scotland published on 11th of February are as follows:
- 7,341 new cases of COVID-19 reported.
- 11 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 21 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 902 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,425,282 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,140,451 have received their second dose, and 3,337,823 have received a third dose or booster
Recorded stats for 8th February 2022 show the following for Scotland
Number of NHS staff absent due to Covid : 3,514
Number of staff absent in Adult Care Homes due to Covid: 1,044
Number of children absent from school due to Covid: 20,185
Please remember to limit the spread of Covid :
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people or visiting a hospital or care home – get lateral flow tests
- follow the guidance on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- if mixing with others, try to gather in small groups only
- wash your hands regularly and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- a mixture of home and office working is allowed
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland