The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 2,671.
Sadly another death (Covid confirmed) was recorded in Orkney on 15th February.
The stats for Scotland published on 17th February 2022 are as follows:
- 7,144 new cases of COVID-19 reported.
- 22 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 11 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 944 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,429,979 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,146,918 have received their second dose, and 3,371,691 have received a third dose or booster
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people or visiting a hospital or care home – get lateral flow tests
- follow the guidance on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- if mixing with others, try to gather in small groups only
- wash your hands regularly and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- a mixture of home and office working is allowed
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland
Sadly, also another death reported.
Thank you. I’ll update the post. That data was available when I published it.
The plan is, at the end of this month, in England, people who test Positive will no longer be required to self-isolate. Where does that leave the vulnerable folk all over Britain – and the world for that matter?
I believe that people who disregard the presence of Covid should have to spend a day on the Covid ward of a hospital – that could change their point of view.
Bernie, you may want to watch today’s briefing (Independent SAGE group)… the plans and what they will result in have been discussed today (after the initial weekly overview).
You are not the only one worried… many others are, and so are the scientists.