The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 2,671.
Sadly another death (Covid confirmed) was recorded in Orkney on 15th February.
The stats for Scotland published on 17th February 2022 are as follows:
- 7,144 new cases of COVID-19 reported.
- 22 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 11 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 944 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,429,979 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,146,918 have received their second dose, and 3,371,691 have received a third dose or booster
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people or visiting a hospital or care home – get lateral flow tests
- follow the guidance on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- if mixing with others, try to gather in small groups only
- wash your hands regularly and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- a mixture of home and office working is allowed
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland