The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 3,106.
From 15th to 21st February there were 381 positive cases in Orkney: that is a rate of 1,700.9 per 100,000 ( Scottish average for that period was 795.3 per 100,000)
15,628 (78.8%) of those aged 12+ years in Orkney have now had a third (booster) jag.
Broken down by age and sex:
vaccinations for a third (booster) jag in Orkney
The stats for Scotland published on 25th February 2022 are as follows:
- 5,484 new cases of COVID-19 reported.
- 11 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 11 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,093 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,434,404 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,154,924 have received their second dose, and 3,419,928 have received a third dose or booster
Please remember to:
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- take regular lateral flow tests – especially before mixing with other people or visiting a hospital or care home – get lateral flow tests
- follow the guidance on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- if mixing with others, try to gather in small groups only
- wash your hands regularly and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- a mixture of home and office working is allowed
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland