The cumulative total of Covid cases in Orkney is now at 3,646.
From 23rd of February to 1st of March 2022 there were 444 cases in Orkney, that is a positivity rate of 1,982.1 per 100,000 population – the average rate for Scotland in the same period was 880.2 per 100,000.
The stats for Scotland published on 4th of March 2022 are as follows:
- 9,551 new cases of COVID-19 reported.
- 24 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive
- 16 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 1,267 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
- 4,437,559 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 4,160,391 have received their second dose, and 3,443,616 have received a third dose or booster
- get the vaccine or the vaccine booster
- take lateral flow tests twice a week, and if visiting someone vulnerable or visting a crowded place – get lateral flow tests
- follow the guidance on self-isolating and booking a test
- wear a face covering where required
- if mixing with others, try to gather in small groups only
- wash your hands regularly and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- open windows when meeting indoors
- a mixture of home and office working is allowed
- use the apps: COVID status, Protect Scotland and Check-in Scotland